Gentle Giant First Order Flame Trooper Mini Bust from Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Available: Q4 2016
The story that began a long time ago returns giving us the next chapter in the saga from a galaxy far, far away. Gentle Giant Ltd. is honored in bringing collectors all-new characters from Star Wars: Episode 7, The Force Awakens. Gentle Giant Ltd. announces the next of our amazing mini busts from Star Wars: Episode 7, The Force Awakens with the First Order Flametrooper! These foot soldiers of the New Order have one purpose: Turn anything related to The Resistance into ashes! Designed, modeled and prototyped using top of the line 3D technology, this 1:6 scale mini bust represents the next of our new collection from the ongoing Star Wars saga. Each mini bust is hand cast, hand painted and hand numbered with a limited edition certificate of authenticity. May the Force be with you!
Universal Studios – Hollywood has just announced a year-round attraction for one of the hottest television shows by AMC: The Walking Dead!
Check out the press release and video below!
Universal City, California, March 14, 2016 – Universal Studios Hollywood brings the most popular show in cable television history to life in Summer 2016 when AMC’s Golden Globe award-nominated television series, “The Walking Dead,” sets up permanent residency at The Entertainment Capital of L.A. in an all-new immersive, cutting-edge attraction.
Universal Studios Hollywood has worked collaboratively with AMC’s “The Walking Dead” for years as a signature “Halloween Horror Nights” maze. This newly enhanced venture will take the highly sought-after experience from a seasonal, limited time offering to an authentic 365 day opportunity, raising the bar for themed walk-through attractions. For a look at what to expect when the attraction opens this summer, please click here.
To further elevate the authenticity of this new attraction, Universal Studios Hollywood is partnering with “The Walking Dead’s” creative team, including visionary executive producer and director, Greg Nicotero and his special effects company, KNB Efx. Greg’s team, responsible for masterfully creating the show’s realistic decaying walkers, will construct prosthetics, utilize original molds and painstakingly apply paint and detailing to the attraction walkers. The integral involvement of the creative team will not only inspire the emotional connection fans experience, it will be among the attraction’s key distinguishing characteristics that will define it as a living version of the show.
“The Walking Dead” attraction will create a no-holds-barred experience that significantly intensifies any other iteration previously developed within the theme park. Coupled with authentic walker make-up effects, sophisticated animatronic walkers, substantially more detailed set design and costuming, and highly recognizable props replicated from the series, the attraction will deliver an uncompromised realistic environment that brings guests even further into the most watched show in cable television history.
“’The Walking Dead’ is a phenomenon that has successfully and consistently affected the psyche of viewers on a global basis, since its debut,” said Larry Kurzweil, President of Universal Studios Hollywood. “We’re taking its intensity to the next level by collaborating with the show’s award-winning production team to create an authentic living representation of the series that can only be experienced at Universal Studios Hollywood.”
“We’re so grateful for our longstanding partnership with the talented team at Universal Studios Hollywood. We’ve shared a successful three-year partnership at Halloween Horror Nights and now this permanent ‘The Walking Dead’ walk- through attraction takes the relationship and the fan experience to the next level,” said Charlie Collier, President of AMC and SundanceTV. “Along with our great partners at Universal, it means a great deal to us to continue entertaining — and frightening — passionate, loyal fans of ‘The Walking Dead’ for years to come.”
The “The Walking Dead” attraction will be located within an entirely new, custom built structure, situated within an expansive building complex just inside the theme park’s main entry.
The past five years have been a remarkable time for Universal Studios Hollywood as the destination embarked on an unprecedented revitalization that has substantially altered over 75 percent of its familiar footprint to effectively characterize it as an entirely new theme park experience. The introduction of the all-new “The Walking Dead” attraction continues the theme park’s unparalleled investment in an ambitious epic transformation.
AMC’s “The Walking Dead” depicts the story of survivors in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by hordes of terrifying flesh-eating walkers. It is the #1 show on television among adults 18-49 for the last four years and in its sixth season, the most highly-rated show in cable television history.
Fellas, still need something for that special gal in your life?
Ladies, do you want something to show off for your man? Or just buy something for yourself?
Castle Corsetry is gearing up for the new Deadpool movie, and in honor, they’re celebrating with a coupon code for 20% off everything in their Etsy store. Use code DEADPOOLVD through Saturday, February 13th to spread the Valentine’s Day love, Merc-style.
We’ve seen Castle Corsetry’s Merc Gym Gear before, but she’s got corsets and dresses to really round out your closet now!
All of these designs were seen at Le Geek So Chic’s first fashion show of 2016 at Anime Impulse. Le Geek So Chic is a traveling fashion show brand run by Lauren alongside geek goddesses Miss Chrissy Lynn and Bernadette Bentley.
An award-winning designer from the internationally renowned Castle Corsetry, Lauren has designed and built hundreds of corsets in all varieties as well as many custom costume orders specializing in impeccable cosplay recreations. Seen all over the world in the convention circuit, web content left and right, and celebrity clientele, you have assuredly seen Lauren’s handiwork. As a geeky girl herself, Lauren’s enthusiasm is what sets her apart, with dedication and attention to detail making her designs truly exceptional. There isn’t a finer, quirkier costumer around.
The ULTIMATE monster show STOMPS in to Pasadena April 22-24, 2016
The Pasadena Convention Center
300 E. Green Street
Complete with celebrity guests from the genre!,
Presentations all weekend long!
Eye popping exhibits through out the 85,000 square foot convention center!
Over 250 unique artists, vendors selling memorabilia and hard to find merchandise!
Experience the walk through Monsterpalooza Museum!
Doug Bradley – Pinhead from Hellraiser
Haruo Nakajima – Godzilla suit actor from inception to 1972
Alex Winter – Lost Boys, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
David Naughton- American Werewolf in London
Tom Savini – Master Makeup Artist, Actor and Director
Julie Adams – The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Nick Castle- Writer and Director, Original Halloween Michael Meyers
More to be announced
Tickets in advance
Friday – $30
Saturday – $30
Sunday – $30
$70 –three day
For more information
For the Southern California residents and visitors, Halloween Horror Nights – Hollywood starts TONIGHT at Universal Studios Hollywood!! Check out all their amazing offering’s for this year’s event! Stay tuned for videos from Universal throughout the day!
From Universal Studios:
Tickets to this year’s event are available for purchase at http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/hollywood, including a “Killer Deal Nights” ticket option with discounts of up to $25 on select dates as well as a Front of Line ticket option which enables guests to enjoy priority access to each “Halloween Horror Nights” maze, “Terror Tram,” Jabbawockeez show and theme park attractions. Advance purchase is recommended as event nights will sell out.
“Halloween Horror Nights” brings together the sickest minds in horror to immerse guests in a living, breathing, three-dimensional world of terror inspired by TV and film’s most compelling horror properties. This year’s line-up includes:
· “Guillermo del Toro Presents Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness” is inspired by the visionary filmmaker who directed, co-wrote and produced the upcoming October 16 Legendary and Universal Pictures feature film. The three-dimensional living replica of the film is designed to send guests spiraling through the chilling world and into the footsteps of Crimson Peak’s lead character, Edith Cushing, first as they venture from her home in America, then to the decaying and haunted Allerdale Hall mansion in a remote English countryside. With a foreboding “Beware of Crimson Peak” message that echos from Edith’s past, guests will navigate a labyrinth of paranormal tortured souls who have born witness to the estate’s dark history of unspeakable acts…and who continue to reside in vengeful, ghostly forms.
· “The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far,” inspired by season 5 of AMC’s critically-acclaimed, Emmy Award®-winning television series, this all-new maze will feature twice as many walkers in the longest and most gruesome maze ever built at Universal Studios Hollywood. Following in the footsteps of “The Walking Dead” cast, guests will begin their journey at the Terminus safe-haven compound, where an unspeakable hunger has consumed the demented souls of those dwelling within. As the chaos ensues, guests will encounter even greater atrocities as they stumble upon dismembered “W” walkers, witness the horror of victims besieged by the living dead, and step onto the loading dock of the Del Arno Food warehouse to face hordes of “W” walkers.
· The hilarity of this genre-defying blockbuster movie, This is the End, will take a dark turn in this all-new maze experience, “This is the End 3D,” that will come to life in hypnotic 3D. The end of the world will begin as guests head to the ultimate A-list party at James Franco’s new Hollywood Hills home before the Apocalypse strikes, and they find themselves trapped in a life-or-death struggle against the demons of the underworld. With the fate of humanity at the crossroads of heaven and hell, “This is the End 3D” will offer defining moments for those guests brave enough to tempt the devil as their destiny hangs in the balance to be damned for eternity or raptured to heaven engulfed in a sea of blue light.
· Halloween, hailed as one of the greatest horror films of all time and starring Jamie Lee Curtis in her acting debut, will come to life in the demented new experience, “Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home.” The haunted maze will take guests through the tormented town of Haddonfield, where on one fateful Halloween night in 1963, a six-year-old child by the name of Michael Myers inexplicably and brutally stabbed his sister to death with a kitchen knife. Guests will relive the terror that a maniacal Michael Myers inflicted upon the once quiet town after his escape from a psychiatric hospital to take bloody revenge on new and unsuspecting victims.
· The visually stunning, yet terrifying “AVP: Alien vs. Predator” maze is back by popular demand to entangle guests in the middle of an epic and primal war between the universe’s most deadly species in a horrifying haunted attraction inspired by the Twentieth Century Fox cult sci-fi franchise. This menacing maze will bring to life the violent creatures cohabitating our world as it pits two rival alien species in a fight to the death with Earth as their battleground. “AVP: Alien vs Predator” will uncover a dangerous alien spaceship carrying a race of hunter aliens known as Predators and a threatening new alien life form that uses human hosts to propagate its species. After crash landing in a remote section of America and escaping to the countryside, the Alien and Predator become hunter and prey with guests caught in the crossfire.
· The all-new “Terror Tram: Survive the Purge” experience, inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster film series, invites guests to a disturbing “Purge Party,” luring them with exclusive access to the world-famous backlot and thrusting them into the film’s depraved world in which all crime is declared legal as part of the government’s annually sanctioned 12-hour Purge, and where citizens take to the streets to dispose of the country’s less desirable humans without fear of retribution. Recognizing that not all citizens choose to hunt during The Purge, the newly endorsed “Purge Party” welcomes guests to honor this proud national tradition by watching the night’s dramatic events unfold on large video screens set up around the famed Universal backlot – until the experience quickly turns into an unforgettable living nightmare.
· “The Purge: Urban Nightmare,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ disturbing blockbuster films, will greet guests with pure unadulterated fear, bringing to life the turmoil and pandemonium that awaits those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims during the government’s annually sanctioned killing spree.
· “Corpz” features an army of decaying World War I soldiers known as “The Lost Generation,” who have risen from their dank, muddy graves to haunt the streets of old Paris.
· Krampus, the demonic Christmas Devil, returns in “Dark Christmas,” a Pagan-themed scare zone where demonic creatures hunt disobedient children and drag them to hell.
And plenty MORE!
Well New York has once again hosted their annual Toy Fair for 2015.
There were plenty of surprises, plenty of updates or already known items, and quite a few more disappointments than I or anyone would have anticipated.
Before starting with my favorites, I will point out one of the major disappointments (especially for Star Wars collectors) with Hasbro’s announcements (or lack there-of) for The Black Series. Hasbro has been pretty shaky with their 6″ figures, sending out more repacks and delaying more figures than we anticipated. Some may point to the dock strikes at the port of Long Beach, but those have nothing to do with the “production” or “establishment” of these figures. Hasbro stated they have been thoroughly enjoying the Black Series line, and have plenty planned for the future. But collectors have been waiting for updated waves, and especially an update for C-3PO, facing the challenge of what paint or what materials to use for the figure. There were also no updated for the Luke and Wampa set, or any confirmation of further waves down the line.
Now, granted I was not capable (or quite frankly) not interested in looking into every single company and every single announcement in attendance, but now I will focus on my favorite moments and announcements from the show!
Unofrtunately due to lack of space which WordPress allows me to have, this will be the end of the post and below is a link of photos to my favorite announcements! Like my page and discuss the figures on Facebook!
All photos courtesy of Figures.com
Visit their page http://www.figures.com
Like them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Figurescom/80240142457