For the Southern California residents and visitors, Halloween Horror Nights – Hollywood starts TONIGHT at Universal Studios Hollywood!! Check out all their amazing offering’s for this year’s event! Stay tuned for videos from Universal throughout the day!
From Universal Studios:
Tickets to this year’s event are available for purchase at http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/hollywood, including a “Killer Deal Nights” ticket option with discounts of up to $25 on select dates as well as a Front of Line ticket option which enables guests to enjoy priority access to each “Halloween Horror Nights” maze, “Terror Tram,” Jabbawockeez show and theme park attractions. Advance purchase is recommended as event nights will sell out.
“Halloween Horror Nights” brings together the sickest minds in horror to immerse guests in a living, breathing, three-dimensional world of terror inspired by TV and film’s most compelling horror properties. This year’s line-up includes:
· “Guillermo del Toro Presents Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness” is inspired by the visionary filmmaker who directed, co-wrote and produced the upcoming October 16 Legendary and Universal Pictures feature film. The three-dimensional living replica of the film is designed to send guests spiraling through the chilling world and into the footsteps of Crimson Peak’s lead character, Edith Cushing, first as they venture from her home in America, then to the decaying and haunted Allerdale Hall mansion in a remote English countryside. With a foreboding “Beware of Crimson Peak” message that echos from Edith’s past, guests will navigate a labyrinth of paranormal tortured souls who have born witness to the estate’s dark history of unspeakable acts…and who continue to reside in vengeful, ghostly forms.
· “The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far,” inspired by season 5 of AMC’s critically-acclaimed, Emmy Award®-winning television series, this all-new maze will feature twice as many walkers in the longest and most gruesome maze ever built at Universal Studios Hollywood. Following in the footsteps of “The Walking Dead” cast, guests will begin their journey at the Terminus safe-haven compound, where an unspeakable hunger has consumed the demented souls of those dwelling within. As the chaos ensues, guests will encounter even greater atrocities as they stumble upon dismembered “W” walkers, witness the horror of victims besieged by the living dead, and step onto the loading dock of the Del Arno Food warehouse to face hordes of “W” walkers.
· The hilarity of this genre-defying blockbuster movie, This is the End, will take a dark turn in this all-new maze experience, “This is the End 3D,” that will come to life in hypnotic 3D. The end of the world will begin as guests head to the ultimate A-list party at James Franco’s new Hollywood Hills home before the Apocalypse strikes, and they find themselves trapped in a life-or-death struggle against the demons of the underworld. With the fate of humanity at the crossroads of heaven and hell, “This is the End 3D” will offer defining moments for those guests brave enough to tempt the devil as their destiny hangs in the balance to be damned for eternity or raptured to heaven engulfed in a sea of blue light.
· Halloween, hailed as one of the greatest horror films of all time and starring Jamie Lee Curtis in her acting debut, will come to life in the demented new experience, “Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home.” The haunted maze will take guests through the tormented town of Haddonfield, where on one fateful Halloween night in 1963, a six-year-old child by the name of Michael Myers inexplicably and brutally stabbed his sister to death with a kitchen knife. Guests will relive the terror that a maniacal Michael Myers inflicted upon the once quiet town after his escape from a psychiatric hospital to take bloody revenge on new and unsuspecting victims.
· The visually stunning, yet terrifying “AVP: Alien vs. Predator” maze is back by popular demand to entangle guests in the middle of an epic and primal war between the universe’s most deadly species in a horrifying haunted attraction inspired by the Twentieth Century Fox cult sci-fi franchise. This menacing maze will bring to life the violent creatures cohabitating our world as it pits two rival alien species in a fight to the death with Earth as their battleground. “AVP: Alien vs Predator” will uncover a dangerous alien spaceship carrying a race of hunter aliens known as Predators and a threatening new alien life form that uses human hosts to propagate its species. After crash landing in a remote section of America and escaping to the countryside, the Alien and Predator become hunter and prey with guests caught in the crossfire.
· The all-new “Terror Tram: Survive the Purge” experience, inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster film series, invites guests to a disturbing “Purge Party,” luring them with exclusive access to the world-famous backlot and thrusting them into the film’s depraved world in which all crime is declared legal as part of the government’s annually sanctioned 12-hour Purge, and where citizens take to the streets to dispose of the country’s less desirable humans without fear of retribution. Recognizing that not all citizens choose to hunt during The Purge, the newly endorsed “Purge Party” welcomes guests to honor this proud national tradition by watching the night’s dramatic events unfold on large video screens set up around the famed Universal backlot – until the experience quickly turns into an unforgettable living nightmare.
· “The Purge: Urban Nightmare,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ disturbing blockbuster films, will greet guests with pure unadulterated fear, bringing to life the turmoil and pandemonium that awaits those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims during the government’s annually sanctioned killing spree.
· “Corpz” features an army of decaying World War I soldiers known as “The Lost Generation,” who have risen from their dank, muddy graves to haunt the streets of old Paris.
· Krampus, the demonic Christmas Devil, returns in “Dark Christmas,” a Pagan-themed scare zone where demonic creatures hunt disobedient children and drag them to hell.
And plenty MORE!
Hasbro’s Star Wars Exclusive for SDCC 2015
“Thhheeee Siimpsoooonnsss . . . ”
The Simpsons, the longest running sitcom and animation show on television, continues to grow and achieve greatness in any way possible! From the first episode in 1989, The Simpsons have brought laughter and joy to households across the world, and now with their 26th season renewed, where else have The Simpsons ventured to beyond television screen? Well, we have them on the big screen too with The Simpsons Movie; we have action figures, toys, plush; we have t-shirts and shoes and hats and glasses; we have the joy of trying Duff Beer and Lard-Lad donuts. And now, what has evolved to one of my utmost favorite outings, encompassing any and all things Simpsons, Universal Studios Hollywood has brought us Springfield! The town where it all began, where it all takes place, where you can find your three-eyed fish and sub-standard nuclear power plants! Where you can try a Krusty Burger and Flaming Moe’s. Run into friendly characters such as Barney Gumble, Krusty the Clown, Cletus, Bumblebee Man, and of course, our favorite animated family: The Simpsons!
(PSA: My apologies for the photo gallery being in a separate link, my wordpress page is under construction and photos can not be uploaded now! The full article will be on Facebook as well!)
Upon entering the park, walking down to where the still Krustyland and Simpsons ride is located, you are immersed in the world of Springfield! Guests are welcomed by a “Welcome to Springfield” sign, featuring everybody’s favorite three-eyed fish!
You continue around and (you should) be in awe with your jaw-dropping face at how incredible and beautiful Universal Studios has created Springfield! Springfield Elementary, Krustylu Studios, Nuclear Power Plant, sit atop the main ground floor buildings with incredible real-life likeness from the show! As you move forward, to the right is a real life Android’s Dungeon, Lard Lad Donuts, and Krusty Burger! Though the Android’s Dungeon is not a “walk-in” store, the window display has all the comics, signage, and displays as in Springfield!
Lard Lad’s is a walk-up counter type of joint, with plenty of new donut options for your cravings! Previously, the Kwik-E-MArt in front of KrustyLand only had the option of the pink-frosted and sprinkles donut; now you have the original, bacon-maple, fruit loops, and more! There are also regular and jumbo sized donuts for whatever you feel like indulging in for the night!
Krusty Burger is the real deal too! You can get a Krusty Burger! A Clogger Burger! The RibWich! Mother Nature Burger! Sideshow Bob hot dog! and of course, Duff Beer! The interior is just like Krusty burger, with the matte-bright colors, same setup with furniture, and you go upstairs to see a full homage to Krusty the Clown! Upstairs is full of Clown school photos and certificates, props, pictures, and more! Connected next to KrustyBurger is Cletus’ restaurant, Cletus’ Chicken Shack! This is set up in a barnyard fashion, wooden floors and furniture, photos of Cletus’ family, moonshine and whiskey bottles, and if you don’t miss it, SpiderPig hanging on the ceiling!
The great thing about all the restaurants and stops, there are televisions playing The Simpsons clips non stop! Basically a meal and a show wherever you go! Chicken Shack is more of a bbq/southern staple with all the finger-lickin’ goodies from The Simpsons!
In Between Krusty Burger and Cletus’ there is the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant above with a window of Homer’s office on the ground level. The office is, again, an exact replica from the show! I have to keep repeating that because I am truly in ‘awe’ of how perfect Universal Studios has created this new attraction! At one point while we were waiting in line at the Duff Brewery, we see smoke rising from the nuclear reactors, lights flashing, alarms going off, guess Homer pressed the wrong button again!
Speaking of the Duff Brewery, it is located on the opposite side of the areas mentioned above, along with Sud McDuff’s Hot Dog House, Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor, and Bumblebee Man’s Taco truck. All restaurants have great options and variety, from donut sundaes, hot dogs, nachos, tacos, and of course your Duff Beer needs! The Duff Brewery is surrounded by costumed figures in Duff Beer Bottles, the seven Duffs, and plenty of seating indoors and out to enjoy a nice pint of beer! You can get the Duff beer as draft or in bottles, and souvenir glasses are also available along with snacks to munch on. We tried the Duff Dry this visit, personally I did not like it but my girlfriend loved it! It is a strong lager with a nutty almost bitterness to it, but it is served ice cold and a great drink to have! Bumblebee man’s Taco truck is a huge sitting truck with yellow and black stripes, and occasionally you will hear some fun Mexican music played by the horns!
Heading back towards Krustyland, the front area is generally the same with Arcade games, the Simpsons ride entrance, Kwik-E-MArt, but around there you will now find Moe’s Tavern, which again, is an IDENTICAL REPLICA from the show!! The dark wooden furniture, pool tables, bar art and hangings, Barney enjoying a beer in the corner and the love machine lighting up too! Plenty of drink options here before heading back out to Stu’s Disco, the Aztec Theatre, Dr. Nick’s, Springfield police station, and Springfield DMV with Patty and Selma hanging out at the window! A small change, at least one I didn’t catch before, there are more costumed characters for photo ops and roaming the area, but I could be mistaken! We snagged photos with Sideshow Bob who came up behind me for a selfie, and Krusty the Clown! Homer and Bart were also around with the guests!
Once again, Universal Studios has blown me away with their innovative, creative, and absolutely joyful venues of amusement designs! The Simpsons ride has been here for a few years now, and it was only a matter of time television’s longest running animated-sitcom would get their own attraction! From seeing the “Welcome to Springfield” sign, hearing the Nuclear Power Plant about to explode, enjoying a cool Duff beer, smelling the indulgent Lard Lad donuts, hanging out in Moe’s Tavern, and enjoying The Simpsons Ride, every single moment of Universal Studios will bring you smiles and joys. Now what do you have to do? Get to Universal Studios Hollywood and take a walk through Springfield!
Also, apologies again for the separate link for the photos, you can find them here
While at Star Wars Celebration, Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar, Sy Snootles, Salacious Crumb) was amazed by my iON Camera and picked it up to start recording himself!